1. Purpose: SBAOI Distinguished Biomaterials Scientist Award recognizes the outstanding global contributions made by a scientist in the area of biomaterial science.
2. Selection method: Selection is through Nomination.
- Nominations are to be recommended by a past or the current president of SBAOI.
- The deadline for nominations is August 30, 2023.
3. Criteria of selection: The nominations will be submitted based on significant contributions to the area of Biomaterials Science and Bioengineering for healthcare.
4. Eligibility to be nominated
- Above 40 years of age
- Indian national working in India in Academia, Research Organization or Industry.
- The nominee should be an active scientist/engineer at the time of the award presentation.
- The nominee should be a member of the SBAOI for at least 10 preceding years.
- Nominations should reach The President, SBAOI (preferably by email) including a written statement of the nominee’s qualifications, CV, PDF files of five best papers and a two-page write-up on research contributions.
6. Selection Procedure
- A selection committee will review the nomination and recommend the nominee for conferment of the Award.
7. Award: Award will be conferred during the Annual SBAOI meeting.
- The award will be conferred during the next SBAOI annual meeting (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, November 28-December 1, 2023).
- The Awardee will present an Award Lecture at the SBAOI Annual Conference. The Distinguished Biomaterials Scientist Award carries a Cash Prize, a Citation Certificate, and Complimentary Registration in SBAOI annual meeting.