1. Purpose: SBAOI distinguished Biomaterials scientist award recognizes the outstanding global contributions made by a scientist in the area of biomaterial science.
2. Selection method: Selection is through Nomination.
- Nominations are to be recommended by a past or the current president of SBAOI.
- The deadline for nominations is September 15th every year.
3. Criteria of selection: The nominations will be submitted based on significant contributions to the area of Biomaterials Science and Bioengineering for healthcare.
4. Eligibility to be nominated
- Above 40 years of age
- Indian National working in India in Academia, Research organization and industry.
- The nominee should be an active scientist/engineer at the time of the award presentation
- The nominee should be a member of the SBAOI for at least 10 preceding years.
- Nominations should reach The President, SBAOI (preferably by email) including a written statement of the nominee’s qualifications, CV, PDF files of five best papers and a two-page write-up on research contributions.
6. Selection Procedure
- A selection committee will review the application and recommend the nominee for conferment of the Award.
7. Award: Award will be conferred during the Annual SBAOI meeting.
- The award winner will present an award lecture at the SBAOI annual conference. The award consists of a cash award, a citation certificate, and complimentary registration at SBAOI annual meeting
- The Awardee will also be given To and Fro Air fare and Accommodation to attend the SBAOI Annual meeting.