Young Woman Innovator Award is not considered for this year
- Purpose: To encourage and recognize innovation and entrepreneurship among Young woman researchers for work done in India.
- Selection method: Selection is through Nomination.
- Nominations are to be recommended by a sponsor, who should be the past presidents, fellows, executive council members of SBAOI or Head of the Institutions.
- The deadline for nominations is September 15th every year.
- Criteria of selection: The nominations will be submitted based on significant contributions to the area of Biomaterials Science and Bioengineering for healthcare.
- Eligibility to be nominated:
- Award is exclusively for Indian nationals, working in India.
- Below 40 years of age as of July 1st of the year of nomination.
- Indian National working in India in Academia, Research organization and industry.
- The nominee should be an active scientist/engineer at the time of the award presentation
- Established novel biomaterials/engineering/technology ideas that have a potential clinical impact on patient care, preferably with pre-clinical and clinical evidence according to regulatory requirements.
- The nominee should be a member of the SBAOI.
- Applying for award
- Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a written statement of the nominee’s qualifications, CV, brief Description of the scientific aspects of the Innovation, brief description of the products and other credentials
- Selection Procedure
- 1st level: Initial shortlisting will be done by the Selection Committee of SBAOI.
- 2nd level: Selection Committee together with the Chairperson of the Endowment Committee and the President SBAOI will recommend the nominee for conferment of the Award.
Note: The decision of the award committee is final.
Award: Award will be conferred during the Annual SBAOI meeting.
- The award winner will present an award lecture at the SBAOI annual conference. The award carries of a cash prize, a citation certificate, and complimentary registration at SBAOI annual meeting.