Date and Time: 27 July 2018; 14:00 to 14:30 Hrs
Venue: Technology Tower, VIT University, Vellore
1. Dr. Chandra P. Sharma, FBSE, FBAO,
2. Prof. Bhuvanesh Gupta, FBAO, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
3. Dr. Bikramjit Basu, FBAO Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
4. Shri. Willi Paul, FBAO, SCTIMST Thiruvananthapuram
Dr. Sharma described the role of the International College of Fellows, (ICF). He suggested that there should be something like ICF to discuss ideas and propose to GB of SBAOI for implementation. The Fellows committee should be an independent body (internal) inside the Society framework. The name “National Academy of Fellows” was suggested first. However, Dr. BB informed that this should get approval from government sources. He also indicated that the elected fellows should contribute to the Society.
Dr. Bhuvanesh Gupta also had reservations in naming it as National Academy. He suggested “SBAOI Academy of Fellows” with guidelines similar to the College of Fellows of IUSBSE. The Fellow is bound to do service to the society.
Dr. Bikramjit Basu: Fellows should attend all the National Conferences. Encourage young people; support them in all professional aspects, thereby elevating SBAOI’s strength. He also suggested a few points related to FBAO nomination package, as summarized below.
Prof. Bhuvanesh Gupta suggested that the Plenary lectures during National Conferences need to be reflected on the website (giving emphasis on the page) which provides the biggest visibility to the Society.
Based on the discussions the following five points were finalized.
1. The new committee for Selection of Fellows (FBAO) should be as follows; Dr. Chandra P. Sharma, FBSE, FBAO; Prof. Bhuvanesh Gupta, FBAO, Dr. Bikramjit Basu, FBAO and two ex officio members of the Executive Committee of SBAOI i.e. President and Secretary. Shri. Willi Paul, FBAO will coordinate the process.
2. Renaming MAHE award and Bajpai-Saha Awards of SBAOI. The renaming of these awards was approved by the Fellows committee. The new names will be 1. MAHE "Young Scientist Award" with an age limit of 40; 2. Bajpai-Saha "Student Award". Research Associates and Post Doctoral Fellows cannot apply for student award. Students should be registered for any of the regular courses i.e. PhD, MSc, MS, B.Tech etc.
3. Nominations can be invited for FBAO which will be awarded during the next NC at IIT, Kanpur. The last date for nomination is fixed as March 31, 2019. Nominations should contain a Formal Application describing the contribution to the Society (one page), a CV with full details of the publication list/patents/technology commercialized/products developed and one support letter from any Fellows of SBAOI.
4. The new name for the body of Fellows that was approved in the Fellows meeting is “SBAOI Academy of Fellows”.
5. Members discussed about STERMI and decided to have this society as an individual identity. Hence forth, STERMI will function separately but in close coordination with SBAOI so that a broader platform may be created at the international level. Prof. Bhuvanesh Gupta was advised to see that the society progresses in such a way that it becomes more visible at the national and international level.
Posted on 10 September 2018 web admin